I’m leaving the 9th of April to volunteer with animals in Cairns, Queensland. I am starting to get really stoked and slightly nervous. And as it is my birthday today, I’d like to use the opportunity to wish for the best present I can get – a good trip!
Here’s a few hopes for my trip:
1. Take a kangaroo selfie
2. Hold a koala
3. Have a good time at my volunteer project
4. Make new international friends
5. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef
6. Successfully escape a dangerous spider
7. Don’t be killed be a venomous snake
8. Don’t be eaten by a crocodile
9. Get off the island alive.
“Adventure, yeah. I guess that’s what you call it when everybody comes back alive.”
– Mercedes Lackey
P.S. Disclaimer: None of these pictures are mine.