A little bit over a month ago I wrote the post 9 Hopes for Australia. Now that I am back in Norway it’s time to take a look at how it turned out.
1. Take a kangaroo selfie – I had some trouble, but yup!
Remember I mistook a wallaby for a roo? Oh how much I still had to learn at that point.
2. Hold a koala
Not the most fun creature, but so soft I could have held him for hours.
3. Have a good time at my volunteer project – Would have been hard not to!
I haven’t written that much about it, but from time to time my work took me to a Butterfly Sanctuary. You should have seen my face when I learned that butterflies have scales.
4. Make new international friends – I’ve been told I can come back any time and have a place to stay.
Oh, and these birds will have a special place in my heart. They kept interfering with my work, but I really didn’t mind.
5. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef – Snorkling counts, right?
Great Barrier Reef from above! Yes, I know it’s the same photo as in my previous post, but I’m still waiting for the pictures from the GoPro my friend had. I’ll do a post about it when I receive them!
6. Successfully escape a dangerous spider
Look carefully, to the right of our guide’s hand. Just how long are those legs?
7. Don’t be killed be a venomous snake – Never met a venomous one, thankfully.
How cute isn’t this python? Treating me like a tree!
8. Don’t be eaten by a crocodile – Accomplished!
9. Get off the island alive – I’m home, but for everyone that get’s this Lost reference – we all know I’ll have to go back.
Australia was all I wished it would be. Australia was more.